Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Standing Coffee (III) in Seodaemun

I saw Dustin Cole's review way back when for the Standing Coffee in Noksupyeong over at Seoul Eats. The review was INCREDIBLY positive, so I've wanted to try it ever since. However, if I'm in Noksupyeong it is in the evening, when I've already had my coffee fill. Apparently, however, there is also a store in the Seodaemun area that I randomly saw the other day.
The Seoul Eats review was SO positive, that I had to give it a chance. However, I was slightly disappointed. As it was a hot day, I ordered an iced americano. Although it was definitely good, it was not the most amazing coffee I have had in Seoul (I give that to one of the cafes up in Suyu or Tea Purple in Gangnam). They do have 6 outdoor seats, though, so you can sit at this Standing Coffee. 
Perhaps the difference in flavor has to do with the barista. Dustin Cole was stressing how well the coffee was being pulled at the Standing Coffee in Noksupyeong. I'll have to check out the original

To get to Standing Coffee take line number 5 to Seodaemun (서대문). Go out exit 1 and walk straight about three minutes and it will be on your right.

1 comment:

  1. Their green lemonade is pretty decent, but I would rather have Hot Dog on a Stick's Lemonade. I agree with you, their coffee isn't spectacular... just okay. Let me know if you ever find a spectacular coffee joint.
    --seoulgrub

    ReplyDelete