Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cheonggyecheon Festival 2012

On my bike ride yesterday I had a very serendipitous experience. I was just biking along the Cheonggyecheon stream and ran into a parade being thrown by the Cheonggyecheon Festival. Check out this video of the festival:



It was really, really enjoyable. I wish I had been with some of my friends instead of wandering alone. There were some 100 performers who must have been practicing for ages. They all had very distinct characters and, as you can see in the video, acted out their scenario/dance/parade in a dreamlike manner. Luckily, this was just one of four performances. If you want to see the show, it will be happening again on May 12 and May 13 from 4 pm to 5:30. I will be going back, since their brochure looks like there is a Haechi float that I didn't see. Maybe next time I'll go with some friends.

Love the fan

These ladies were awesome

For more information, check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment