Thursday, April 26, 2012

Suyu Walkometer

I decided to actually check out this wheel thingy that I pass by every day on my way to work. You can spin the wheel to match with your weight and then the amount of time that you plan on walking. It will calculate approximately how many calories you burn. Apparently, for a guy my size I burn 360 calories during a one-hour walk.

360 calories doesn't sound to bad, but the little wheel says that a cup of rice is 300 calories. I didn't know rice was so caloric. I eat a lot of rice, but if anything my body processes it quicker than bread. I really should switch to whole-wheat rice though... I guess white rice is way better than 1120 calories for the pizza.

I don't know if there is a specific walkway associated with this sign. It is right next to my school and apparently 1.1 km to Suyu station. This must be some sort of exercise campaign, but I haven't seen any other information about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment