Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bulgarian Birthday

I celebrated my birthday on Saturday, March 5th, by having a little get together at my place. We had just gotten back from Ukraine, and apparently a lot of the Fulbrighters were currently in another town for weaving. While we had a great party for BH, mine turned out to be somewhat of a bust. A handful of people showed up. One of my presents, however, made me feel much better. A homemade bottle of rakia (Bulgarian whiskey). A couple of shots of rakia, and although there weren't many people at my party, I didn't really care. However, I did make a resolution that for my future birthdays, I will try to do something I have never done before. Like skydive or scuba dive, or some other sort of diving.
BH got me a gym membership for my birthday (ouch!) so this means going to the gym and getting fit. Dieting, working out, and living more frugally. It's like New Year's all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment