Thursday, August 16, 2012

Camping on the beach in Samcheok

Apparently, you can camp almost anywhere in Korea for free (except national parks which may charge a nominal fee). I went camping with some friends in Samcheok (삼척) and had a pretty great vacation. I was a little jealous that a lot of my friends in Korea are either traveling abroad or visiting their homes, but it is always fun (and cheaper) to travel in Korea. Plus, I had a lot of opportunities to work on my Korean.
Setting up the tent

Sunset on the beach

Random Block B Concert

Making sesame leaf and tuna fried rice. 

A view of the beach
We were told that a couple of beaches further south were full of younger people and more of a destination. You also had to pay for camping, though, and no alcohol was permitted on the beach. Who wants that? Samcheok's main beach was pretty relaxing, and relatively clean. I need to camp on the beach more often... 

No comments:

Post a Comment