Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hwacheon Fish Festival


Who would have thought ice fishing could be fun? I am from Minnesota, but I never had the desire or the opportunity. This festival in Hwacheon, Gyeongi Do is all about the trout. About two and a half hours from Seoul I was lucky enough to go by car. However, we didn't have reservations so it was almost impossible to find a place to stay. Luckily we found a jjimjilbang to spend the first night:

After a loud sauna night we went off fishing. It was slow going at first, but by the end of the day I had three trout on my line. We ate some raw, had some bbqed and gave some to a hungry Korean couple looking at our large catch. It was easier for foreigners because we had our own specially designated area for fishing. Could you imagine how that would go down in the states?


No comments:

Post a Comment